Hi Shota,

I know this little piece of documentation.
And i don't say it is a undocumented bug.
All i want to mention about this is inconsistency.

I've a list of strings and loop them through split delimiter.
Unfortunately this list contains sometimes a single space.
This ends in a result of checking each element vs. single space and
switch to .split(/ /,2)

Suppressing repetitions should not be invoked via a not uncommon string
single space. A feature like suppressing contiguous (not only whitespace
delimiter) characters may be a reason for a extra boolean parameter.

MfG
Malte