Feature #6546: Net::HTTP to check for HTTP_PROXY environment setting.

Author: dekz (Jacob Evans)
Assignee: drbrain (Eric Hodel)
Category: lib
Target version: 2.0.0

@nahi suggested I request the OS environment HTTP_PROXY be honoured.

Open-uri checks for this environment setting and acts according whereas Net::HTTP does not. Not having Net::HTTP check for this condition sets precedence and stops the implementation of other environment settings (such as JRuby and JVM -Dhttp.proxyHost).

Having this functionality will greatly enable testing with proxies rather then monkey patching or rewriting to always use HTTP.Proxy.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/