Hello!

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JRUBY-6704

We have a need to make the "bigdecimal" gem work for JRuby, so that
distros (like Red Hat, mentioned in the above bug) and users can have
the same gemspec for JRuby with updated bigdecimal gem references.

I'm not sure the best way to proceed.

The bigdecimal source and gemspec all come from MRI source, and are
not versioned separately. That means we can't simply share a
repository for the JRuby bits. We could maintain a forked version in
our forked "jruby/ruby" repository, but that wouldn't be part of the
bigdecimal release cycle then.

So I'm looking to you for guidance.

The BigDecimal lib is here in JRuby:
https://github.com/jruby/jruby/tree/master/src/org/jruby/ext/bigdecimal

It might be simplest if for now there's a dummy "bigdecimal" gem
pushed for JRuby that does not contain anything, since we would have
other complications if we tried to remove BigDecimal from JRuby proper
(it is referenced elsewhere int eh code, etc).

Thoughts?

- Charlie