drbrain (Eric Hodel) wrote:
> naruse (Yui NARUSE) wrote:
> > and each response should have its own uri.
> >
> > This means all request/response should have its own URI information.
> > So current patch's return the given URI seems not ideal.
>
> Each response has a separate URI instance from the request due to use of dup.  I've added extra assertions in test_http.rb to the revised patch to cover this.
>
> By "all request/response should have its own URI information" do you mean "The request URI should not be edited"?

No for scheme and port.

> This does not seem to match the current behavior of req['Host'] as it must be manually cleared in order to reuse the request with a different host.

Try following:
  require 'net/http'
  req = Net::HTTP::Get.new '/'
  puts "req Host: #{req['Host']}"
  res = Net::HTTP.start 'redmine.ruby-lang.org' do |http|
    http.request req
  end
  puts "req Host: #{req['Host']}"
  res = Net::HTTP.start 'bugs.ruby-lang.org' do |http|
    http.request req
  end
  puts "req Host: #{req['Host']}"

The host part of a URI for initialize seems to be the same thing of req['Host'].
Feature #6482: Add URI requested to Net::HTTP request and response objects