Issue #6523 has been reported by nathanst (Nathan Stratton Treadway).

Bug #6523: typos/display errors in Regexp.html page
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6523

Author: nathanst (Nathan Stratton Treadway)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: 9.1.3

I was looking through the Regexp class documentation found at
http://www.ruby-doc.org/core-1.9.3/Regexp.html
... and found a number of problems that appeared to be either display issues or typos.

Most notably, throughout the entire document the { characters at the start of the %{...} contruct are missing. In many cases the closing } character is missing, too; in some cases it appears that a closing / character is used in the example, even though the RE was started with "%r".

Needly to say, this makes understanding the examples rather difficult....

Possibly related to the same issue, in the example definition of the float_pat expression found in the "Free-Spacing Mode and Comments", I don't see the "x" option actually specified anywhere in the example code....

In the "Performance" section of the page, there is a somewhat different type of issue: in the "Match a string of 29 <i>a</i>s against a pattern of 29 optional" example, I don't see any actual call to .match() (though one does appear in the the next example down).

I checked the page in several versions of Firefox and also Safari, so I don't believe the issues are related to a specific browser.

Thanks.

Nathan

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/