Issue #6499 has been updated by duerst (Martin Dürst).

duerst (Martin Dürst) wrote:

> I always wished there had been a better way, but the idea I came up with was something like arrays.zips_many or so. That might work, too, but Array.zip is quite neat, too.

Sorry, it should have been arrays.zip_many above.

Feature #6499: Array::zip

Author: prijutme4ty (Ilya Vorontsov)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category:
Target version:

Sometimes it's more natural to have Array::zip rather than Array#zip. Otherwise first array of list became unnecessary dedicated
For example
cols = first_row.zip(second_row,third_row,fourth_row)
have more natural analog:
cols = Array.zip(first_row,second_row,third_row,fourth_row)

Implementation is obvious:
def Array.zip(first,*rest)
  first.zip(*rest)

http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/