Issue #6499 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

Hi

trans (Thomas Sawyer) wrote:
> This is probably true of any Array method that take one or more other arrays as argument. Are there other's besides #zip?

I agree and would like `Array.product` to be considered as a worthy addition.

Feature #6499: Array::zip

Author: prijutme4ty (Ilya Vorontsov)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category:
Target version:

Sometimes it's more natural to have Array::zip rather than Array#zip. Otherwise first array of list became unnecessary dedicated
For example
cols = first_row.zip(second_row,third_row,fourth_row)
have more natural analog:
cols = Array.zip(first_row,second_row,third_row,fourth_row)

Implementation is obvious:
def Array.zip(first,*rest)
  first.zip(*rest)

http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/