(5/15/12 11:34 PM), Yuki Yugui Sonoda wrote:
> Hello Matz and rubyists,
>
> Let me greet you from Google.
> Recently I wrote the attached patches:
>
> (1) Fixes --with-static-linked-ext
>
> --with-static-linked-ext configure flag has been broken for years.
> This patch fixes it.
> I'll commit this patch later.
>

> (2) Ruby's port to NativeClient
> NativeClient (a.k.a NaCl) is a secure environment for running native
> binaries on browsers.
>   https://developers.google.com/native-client/
>
> This patch is a proof of concept version of porting Ruby to NaCl.
> This patch contains an example version of Ruby interpreter that
> communicates with browsers via Pepper API. You can evaluate
> expressions, require standard libraries and extensions.
> Some features of Ruby, e.g. fork or socket are not available due to
> limitation of NaCl. Some other features are temporarily disabled, e.g.
> threading.
> Unfortunately this port does not yet pass even btest. But it can be fixed later.
>
> I'd like to commit this patch too. May I, Matz?

Hi

I realized you added following claim into some files.

/* Copyright 2012 Google Inc. Some Rights Reserved.
  * Author: yugui / google.com (Yugui Sonoda)
  */

First off, copyright and author statement is ok to me. AFAIK, Many company require such
things especially if employee use day time (e.g. 20% rule time). But, "Some Right Reserved."
is not so good because it is very unclear. To me, I don't understand which right google dropped.

The right way is, I believe, cut-n-paste full copy of ruby/BSDL statement and replace
first line (i.e. "Copyright (C) 1993-2010 Yukihiro Matsumoto. All rights reserved.") with
following two lines.

Copyright 2012 Google Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Author: yugui / google.com (Yugui Sonoda)

That's said, google keep _all_ right. and they can redistribute it as an another license. but
we also can use/modify/redistibute by using BSDL right. IOW, you inhibit license change by using
matz license.

Thoughts?

Other ruby folks: comments are welcome.