Issue #6433 has been updated by ibc (Iñaki Baz Castillo).

ko1 (Koichi Sasada) wrote:
>  Okay, maybe I understand your problem.
>
>  Let us clear them:
>  (1) There are several threads and main threads
>  (2) main thread kills another blocking thread
>
>  Right?
>
>  In this case, ubf() will be called by a thread "Thread#kill" (or signal,
>  etc).  Main thread has GVL, and call ubf() to cancel another thread.
>  This is why the error occurs.
>
>  FYI:
>  >> /usr/lib/libruby-1.9.1.so.1.9(rb_thread_kill+0x48) [0x7fdcfff680a8]
>  is Thread#kill code.
>
>  Maybe you expect that ubf() was called by *blocking* thread.  However,
>  it is not.

Hi, within my ubf() function I printf the value of ruby_thread_has_gvl_p() and I get 1.

>  In last comment, I made a mistake that "ubf() is not called with GVL".
>  It's my mistake.  Correct answer is "ubf() is possible to be called
>  with/without GVL".
>
>  We can't use "call_with_gvl()" in ubf().

Clear.

>  You need call shutdown/destruct codes *after* unblocking.

That is what I don't understand. How to call those shutdown/destruct codes *after* my ubf() function? And what should then my ubf() function do?

I've changed my code now. My ubf() function does not call to rb_thread_call_with_gvl() (since it already has the GVL). Then it "safely" invokes my AE.stop method which terminates all the UV handles. But doing that, uv_run() exits so the C code within the run_uv_without_gvl() continues and terminates (of course without the GVL). After that the program gets frozen. If I press Ctrl+C (Interrupt signal) then I see my ubf() being calling again! Also with GVL! and then the program gets really frozen (kill -9 needed).

Before you said: "Maybe you shouldn't use Ruby code (Ruby code can be run after blocking process is canceled)".

What do you exactly mean? Where to put that Ruby code?

Thanks a lot.
Bug #6433: rb_thread_blocking_region(): ubf() function is executed with GVL