--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 08:04:37AM +0900, andhapp (Anuj Dutta) wrote:

> Issue #2565 has been updated by andhapp (Anuj Dutta).
>

> I was just looking at Joyent's ruby dtrace page and saw ruby-probe (Probehat can be fired from ruby code). However, I didn't see it in Aaron's implementation here https://github.com/tenderlove/ruby/blob/probes/probes.d.  Is there a reason why that's not included? Please enlighten. Thanks.

We shouldn't add it today because we don't know the license of the
Joyant patches, and someone must be the maintainer.  A bigger reason is
that this is a feature that can be added via a gem download.  Adding
interpreter probes cannot be done via gem download.

Maybe we will expose dtrace through ruby in the stdlib someday, but I don't
think we should today.

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/