Issue #6361 has been updated by MartinBosslet (Martin Bosslet).

trans (Thomas Sawyer) wrote:
> I'm not so sure using "String" in the name is a good idea.
>
> The reason I suggested Blob is b/c that's what it is often called: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_large_object

Hmm, I guess names are a very subtle topic. I stole from [1],
but I see your point why "String" could be confusing. I don't
really care about the name, I'm fine with anything that's
reasonable enough :)

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/bytestring/0.9.2.1/doc/html/Data-ByteString.html

Feature #6361: Bitwise string operations