Issue #6361 has been updated by MartinBosslet (Martin Bosslet).

kosaki (Motohiro KOSAKI) wrote:

>  I don't dislike a bult-in idea. But you haven't show a detailed spec
>  and I don't think I clearly understand your idea. Can you spend a
>  few time for writing a spec? (probably rough a few line explanation
>  is enough)

Yes, I thought about writing a proof of concept that could serve as
the  blueprint for further discussion. I just wanted to make sure
first that there is a general interest and I also wanted to get your
ideas and suggestions first :) Nobuyoshi's point is a very valid one,
it  helped me get a better view on the subject, and to rethink my own
position. (More on that below)

Feature #6361: Bitwise string operations