> Because you didn't explain use case at all, I didn't understand the spec of your code nor what you really want. You are talking about tests, right?

Yes, that's the general use case. Also, I thought my code was correct and so covered the "spec" with the exception of said error. Turns out it had a bug though.

I see what you are saying. Obviously there can't be a special exceptions for every minutia of error. I think this is a good candidate though in that most, if not every, assertion framework I have seen has basically the same test for this. Looked at MiniTest's assertion for comparison https://github.com/seattlerb/minitest/blob/master/lib/minitest/unit.rb#L412) and it has the same issue.

Feature #6372: More specific error for uncaught throw