Hello,

2012/4/24, kosaki (Motohiro KOSAKI) <kosaki.motohiro / gmail.com>:
> I think this is a kind of documentation issue. If you use C, you can't use
> both thread and fork. It's obvious.
> And almost people think ruby naturally has the same limitation because ruby
> is written by C. But rudolf implicitly
> pointed out some people don't think so.

No, this is not documentation issue.
The easy code *actually* causes SEGV on the platform, doesn't it?
I'm against remaining such a significant problem and adding ad-hoc
guards to the tests.

I suggest to make Kernel#fork raise a NotImplementedError on NetBSD
5.0+.
Fortunately, the tests already have a guard for NotImplementedError
because there is a supported platform that does not support
Kernel#fork (you know, windows).
Even on the platform, SEGV is not allowed, in principle.

Note, my suggestion is based on my uncertain guess about NetBSD 5.0+.
I'm not even a user of NetBSD.  I think anyone should confirm if my
guess is correct.
Kosaki-san, if you seriously want to support NetBSD, I'd like you to
be a platform maintainer for NetBSD.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>