Issue #6345 has been reported by worthspending (Jeff Allen).

Bug #6345: resolv-replace.rb
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6345

Author: worthspending (Jeff Allen)
Assignee:
Category: lib
Target version: 1.9.3
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.3p125 (2012-02-16 revision 34643) [x86_64-linux]

I am working on a program that requires socket connections via a socks proxy.  Ruby appears to have some code to do the job, however, it appears unfinished or not fully implemented.  I cannot find any documentation, notes, or examples using SOCKSSocket.

The following is taken directly from lib/resolv-replace.rb

class SOCKSSocket < TCPSocket
  # :stopdoc:
  alias original_resolv_initialize initialize
  # :startdoc:
  def initialize(host, serv)
    original_resolv_initialize(IPSocket.getaddress(host), port)
  end
end if defined? SOCKSSocket

It would be incredibly helpful if I can find out that I am right in my assumptions and the code is not yet ready or someone to point me to a reliable example of the proper use of SOCKSSocket.

Thank you

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/