Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Patch to add a Module#const_missing method"
>     on 02/09/06, Jan Arne Petersen <JanArne.Petersen / t-online.de> writes:
>
> |I wrote a patch to add a Module#const_missing method like the
> |Object#method_missing method to Ruby.
>
> Thank you for the patch.  But we have to discuss whether we need this
> hook.  Hook is sometimes useful but since we can not add every
> possible hook, we have to draw line somewhere.  Opinion, everyone?

Jan Arne has already implemented it in JRuby, where we needed to create
proxy classes for Java classes. I guess there must be some similar uses
for it in C-Ruby too, for creating proxy classes?

/Anders

--

A n d e r s  B e n g t s s o n  |  ndrsbngtssn / yahoo.se
Stockholm, Sweden               |

Gratis e-mail resten av livet p? www.yahoo.se/mail
Busenkelt!