Status changed from Open to Feedback

Hello,

2012/4/17, headius (Charles Nutter) <headius / headius.com>:
> WeakRef's delegation features are a really awful pattern that should not be
> allowed in future versions of Ruby.

Maybe I understood your subject, but your proposal is not clear.
Could you please make it concrete?

"change the behavior of lib/weakref.rb in 2.0"

=> Impossible, because of matz's 2.0 compatibility policy.

"change the behavior of lib/weakref.rb in 3.0"

=> Maybe possible if matz accepts.  Please create a patch that warn
   a user when the delegation features are used.
   Then, I'll set this ticket as 3.0 issue.

"deprecate lib/weakref.rb and add an alternative library"

=> Please show us the alternative first.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>
Feature #6308: Eliminate delegation from WeakRef