Status changed from Feedback to Rejected

> That's kind of the thing about this actually. Because this library is a gem I am not using it even when I probably should be --or I am reinventing the wheel and probably in not the most robust fashion.

Recently, we focus on "small Ruby" by moving stdlibs to gems because
adding a stdlib makes maintenance and release management hard.
2.0 will remove no stdlib for matz's compatibility policy, though.
Anyway, the reason you said is non-sense.

Personally, I understand you.
Picking wheat from chaff gems is not exciting work.
I suggested a separate "blessed" gem repository [ruby-core:26388]
for the reason, but I received a lot of hate.

> Also, since lazy enumeration is now being introduced to the language it seems like appropriate time to introduce general lazy features as well.

I think it would be a better timing after lazy enumeration grows popular.

Please tell us if there is another "good" reason.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>

Feature #6305: Lazy