Issue #6293 has been reported by tenderlovemaking (Aaron Patterson).

Feature #6293: new queue / blocking queues
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6293

Author: tenderlovemaking (Aaron Patterson)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

Hi,

I'd like to add new Queue objects to ruby.  Whenever I use queues, I either use them in a blocking or non-blocking manner only, so I have separated them in to two classes Thread::Queue, and Thread::BlockingQueue.

Other notable differences, these queues:

* implement `poll`, which will return a nil if the queue is empty
* do not allow `nil` to be in the queue as it would interfere with `poll`
* include Enumerable

I think these will be a good basis for implementing a Deque, SynchronizedQueue, and PriorityQueue.

I've attached a patch against trunk.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/