Issue #5663 has been updated by shugo (Shugo Maeda).

matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto) wrote:
> I am OK with the original map_select behavior, but I don't like the name #map_select.
> It is combination of -ect family name with map.
>
> I prefer the name #filter, but it might be confused by simple alias of select.
> Any idea?

I think filter should be a simple alias of select.
# Otherwise, we can't complain about Scala's collect:p
How about filter_map?

I've found that Scheme has filter-map.
From SRFI-1:

  filter-map f clist1 clist2 ... -> list
  Like map, but only true values are saved.
  (filter-map (lambda (x) (and (number? x) (* x x))) '(a 1 b 3 c 7))
      => (1 9 49)
  The dynamic order in which the various applications of f are made is not specified.
  At least one of the list arguments must be finite.

Feature #5663: Combined map/select method