Issue #6265 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

Target version changed from 3.0 to 2.0.0

Hi,

now (Nikolai Weibull) wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 14:53, rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas)
>  <rr.rosas / gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > What is this ('concatenation' 'syntax') useful for?
>
>  raise ArgumentError,
>    'they are useful for long strings that are so long that they need ' \
>    'to span multiple lines to fit within a reasonable line width'

In this example, replacing the "\" with a "+" will give basically the same result without using the concatenation rule.

Are there valid use cases where two strings are concatenated on the same line? I think that's really what the request is all about, i.e. forbid that kind of concatenation for two strings on the same line.

Feature #6265: Remove 'useless' 'concatenation' syntax