Feature #6243: Make ERB Ruby's Super Power

Author: trans (Thomas Sawyer)
Assignee:
Category: Joke
Target version: 2.0.0

As a Super Ruby Developer
I want to make Ruby Super Developery
Given wimpy Ruby, coding is arduous:

  class Letters
    def a
      "Aa"
    end

    def b
      "Bb"
    end

    # Oh, dear St. V! It's just too long. I don't want to go on!

Then Super Ruby saves the day!

  class Letters
    <%= ('a'...'z').each do |letter| %>
      def <%= letter %>
        "<%= letter.upcase %><%= letter %>"
      end
    <% end %>
  end

  letters = Letters.new

  letters.a  #=> "Aa"
  letters.b  #=> "Bb"

Imagine the power of `Ruby ** Ruby`! It's like putting Ruby in a phone booth and out pops Ruby with big <S> on chest. And like that, Super Ruby destroys all super villain languages like PHP!

And you can't reject b/c this issue is all Gherkin which makes it legit.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/