Issue #5630 has been updated by shugo (Shugo Maeda).

Status changed from Assigned to Feedback

Lavir_the_Whiolet (Lavir the Whiolet) wrote:
> Net::FTP supports binary and text transfer modes only but some systems support another modes. For example, EBCDIC mode ("TYPE E") in IBM mainframes.
>
> Custom transfer modes are needed to be supported by Net::FTP.

What do you expect for custom transfer modes?
# `Data types' may be more appropriate than `transfer modes' according to RFC959.
I don't have IBM mainframes, so I'm not sure what is needed.

I guess it's not enough to provide a way to send "TYPE E".
With EBCDIC type, <NL> is used to denote end-of-line.
Should Net::FTP convert from EBCDIC code to ASCII code?
Ruby doesn't support EBCDIC, so it's pain to directly handle EBCDIC characters.

Feature #5630: Missing custom transfer modes in Net::FTP

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/