Issue #6233 has been updated by MartinBosslet (Martin Bosslet).

mame (Yusuke Endoh) wrote:

> I have no opinion about with this paticular case.
> Is 0.9.6 still (effectively) maintained by OpenSSL team?

It says nothing about end of life on their home page, but
judging from the strategy of how they released security
fixes in the past it seems like only the last major release
will receive updates. For example while 0.9.8 was the version
in development, they also published maintenance releases
for 0.9.7, when 1.0.0 became the current series, they only
released additional versions of 0.9.8.

But that's just speculating, so I guess it's best if I ask
on their mailing list. Or maybe nahi knows more?
Bug #6233: Definition of EVP_MD_CTX_cleanup incomplete.