Issue #6150 has been updated by rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas).

Oh, I see, I actually prefer this way so that I won't read code from others just passing "true". This is specially a big issue for boolean parameters as they don't mean anything by themselves.
Feature #6150: add Enumerable#grep_v

Author: sunaku (Suraj Kurapati)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

Please add a grep_v() method to Enumerable that behaves like the opposite of grep().

For example, if Enumerable#grep() was implemented like this:

module Enumerable
  def grep pattern
    select {|x| pattern =~ x }

then Enumerable#grep_v() would be implemented like this (select becomes reject):

module Enumerable
  def grep_v pattern
    reject {|x| pattern =~ x }

The method name "grep_v" comes from the "-v" option passed to grep(1).

Thanks for your consideration.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/