Issue #6150 has been updated by rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas).

Eregon (Benoit Daloze) wrote:
> Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas wrote:
> > Of course, after Ruby support named parameters this could be acceptable too and I would always use it by passing the named parameter instead of just "true".
>
> Be aware that keyword arguments as implemented now (if that is what you mean) do not permit this, they just allow an easier syntax to handle arguments and some optimization:
>     %w[1 2 11 22].grep(/1/) # => ["1", "11"]
>     %w[1 2 11 22].grep(/1/, invert: true) # => ["2", "22"]

I'm sorry, Benoit, but I didn't get it. It seems to me that they do permit. What did you mean by "they do not permit this"?
Feature #6150: add Enumerable#grep_v

Author: sunaku (Suraj Kurapati)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

Please add a grep_v() method to Enumerable that behaves like the opposite of grep().

For example, if Enumerable#grep() was implemented like this:

module Enumerable
  def grep pattern
    select {|x| pattern =~ x }

then Enumerable#grep_v() would be implemented like this (select becomes reject):

module Enumerable
  def grep_v pattern
    reject {|x| pattern =~ x }

The method name "grep_v" comes from the "-v" option passed to grep(1).

Thanks for your consideration.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/