Feature #5574: Make arrays comparable

Author: tokland (Arnau Sanchez)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category:
Target version:

Why are arrays not comparable? _Array_ already defines _<=>_, so it seems only natural to mix-in the _Comparable_ module.

<pre>
> [1, 2] < [1, 1]
NoMethodError: undefined method `<' for [1, 2]:Array

> Array.send(:include, Comparable)
> [1, 2] < [1, 1]
=> false
</pre>

This was already discussed in the mailing list a while ago and people agreed it would be useful:

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/76535

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/