Issue #3916 has been updated by drbrain (Eric Hodel).

Sometimes when I use Kernel#warn in my code it is a message the user may not be able to do anything about, such as a deprecation message in library "a" that is used in library "b" that has not yet been updated, but the user wishes to use.  Turning these into exceptions would break this use of warnings.
Feature #3916: Add flag to ruby to make warnings fatal.

Author: docwhat (Christian Höltje)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version:

=begin
 I have a feature request: Please add a flag to the ruby command line to make warnings fatal.

 It would be really handy when debugging and testing to make warnings fatal.

 It's not always obvious what bit of code is causing the code that has the warning to execute.  Having a full exception style trace back is very handy.

 In addition, if you're doing tests, it would be good to have it raise an exception if a warning is fired.  See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/660737/can-you-ask-ruby-to-treat-warnings-as-errors for an example.

 Thanks!
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/