Feature #4523: Kernel#require to return the path of the loaded file

Author: regularfry
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

=begin
It's very useful to be able to tell which actual file on disc was loaded following a call to require, without having to manually traverse $LOAD_PATH. This information is also not guaranteed to be in $LOADED_FEATURES.

The attached patch alters rb_require_safe's return value to indicate the loaded file iff a file is actually loaded.
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/