Feature #4046: Saving C's **argv and cwd allows Ruby programs to reliably restart themselves

Author: rocky
Assignee:
Category:
Target version: 2.0.0

=begin
 In a debugger often one gets to a state where one just wants to restart everything exactly the way the program was previously invoked.

 It would helpful if Ruby saved **argv and cwd.

 The attached patch saves these in RubyVM::OS_ARGV and RubyVM::OS_STARTUP_DIR. With this,
 if a Ruby program wants to restart itself, it can run:

   chdir RubyVM::OS_STARTUP_DIR
   exec(*RubyVM::OS_ARGV)
=end

--