--Apple-Mail-27-48306485

On 31 Jan 2005, at 10:46, Nathaniel Talbott wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:41:31 -0500, Nathaniel Talbott
> <ntalbott / gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sure enough, there's a gotcha. The version that modifies $LOAD_PATH
> allows tests to load supporting files directly from the directory the
> test is in. For instance, this change breaks running the Ruby test
> suite, because test_drb.rb can't find drbtest.rb. While I can see the
> utility of being able to do this, I'm still not liking modifying
> $LOAD_PATH.
>
> Long term, I think the solution to this may be a way to declare test
> helpers, like so:
>
>   class TestDRb < Test::Unit::TestCase
>     helper "drbtest"
>   end

Or make sure that -I is set correctly...

> Short term, however, I think I'll just have it keep modifying the
> $LOAD_PATH, but instead of restoring it verbatim, have it do its best
> to delete the path that was added. This may produce some
> head-scratching for some corner-cases, but such is life.

I think this one is reasonably safe (delete what test/unit added),
because you should expect weird stuff if you play with $LOAD_PATH
enough to destroy it.

> Unless someone else has a better idea? (I kind've feel like I'm
> talking to myself here :-/)

This was the same conclusion I came to.  Rails seems to work fine with
this kind of patch...

FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

--Apple-Mail-27-48306485
	nameP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-27-48306485--