Issue #3388 has been updated by nahi.

Description updated

rindex(pattern) would fail to detect proper end_of_string index.  It must be /{suffix}\Z/.
Feature #3388: regexp support for start_with? and end_with?

Author: trans
Assignee:
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0

=begin
 ruby-1.9.2-head > "aBcdeFghIj".start_with?(/abc/i)
 => false

 In my implementation of start_with? it is easy enough to utilize #index, which works fine:

   def start_with?(pattern)
     index(pattern) == 0
   end

 But #end_with? is more difficult, and I had to use regular expressions.

     def end_with?(suffix)
       suffix = Regexp.escape(suffix) if String===suffix
       /#{suffix}$/.match(self) ? true : false
     end

 However, we might get rid of the '? true : false' and return the MatchData, since that could be useful information.
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/