Issue #3206 has been updated by nahi.

Description updated
Assignee set to ko1

Feature #3206: Problems manipulating the signal mask with Ruby

Author: Spakman
Assignee: ko1
Category: core
Target version:

=begin
 The futex timer thread inherits the (nearly empty) signal mask from the main thread when it is created. I've written a little Ruby library that executes sigprocmask/pthread_sigmask using FFI. However, my Ruby program isn't able to block signals since they are instead delivered to the timer thread.

 Also, calls to rb_enable_interrupt() unmask all signal types. Instead, I'd like Ruby to remember the signal mask I have set.

 The attached patch, against 1.9.1-p376, makes rb_disable_interrupt() save the old signal mask for rb_enable_interrupt() to use as well as masking all signals as soon as the timer thread is created. Finally, it removes the call to rb_trap_restore_mask() from rb_longjmp() - this appeared to be unnecessary. Is it?

 My testing hasn't shown any problems with this, but I'd love to hear any thoughts about this.
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/