Issue #2837 has been updated by nahi.

Description updated
Assignee set to authorNari

Feature #2837: Compile-time constant for HEAP_GROWTH_FACTOR (patch attached)

Author: adgar
Assignee: authorNari
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0

=begin
 The GC currently increases the size at which newly-created heaps by a factor of 1.8 for each heap.  Some find it appropriate to modify this value (REE uses a value of 1 instead of 1.8, for example).  In the trunk version of this code, that value is hard-coded in as a constant at 1.8 in gc.c:980.

 I've included a patch to expose this as a compile-time constant (HEAP_GROW_FACTOR), and also included getters and setters in the style of the patch I submitted in Issue 1047: http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/1047 .
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/