Issue #2643 has been updated by nahi.

Assignee set to sorah

Shota, please handle this.  We also added you as a maintainer of test/unit. http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/Maintainers
Feature #2643: test/unit redefinition check of test_* method

Author: mame
Assignee: sorah
Category: lib
Target version: 2.0.0

=begin
 Hi, Ryan Davis --

 When writing test cases with test/unit, we often by mistake define a
 test function whose name is already used:

   class TestFoo < Test::Unit::TestCase
     def test_some_test  # not executed

     def test_some_test  # redefined

 This leads to a loss of a valuable chance of test.  It is good for
 test/unit to detect and warn such a redefinition.

 A patch is attached.  Could you merge the patch into test/unit?
 I'm less than picky about the implementation detail and error
 message.

 By the attached patch, I actually found eight redefinitions in
 tests of ruby core :-)

 - TestUTF16#test_casecmp
   - defined by akr, redefined by akr

 - TestHash#test_key?
   - defined by ko1, redefined by ko1

 - TestHash#test_value?
   - defined by ko1, redefined by ko1

 - TestProc#test_proc_args_opt_and_block
   - defined by yugui, redefined by yugui

 - TestEncodingConverter#test_invalid_replace
   - defined by akr, redefined by akr

 - TestZlibGzipReader#test_gets
   - defined first by mame, redefined by mame

 - TestBigDecimal#test_coerce
   - defined first by mame, redefined by nobu

 - TestStringScanner#test_inspect
   - defined first by aamine, redefined by mame

 --
 Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp>
=end

--