https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5486

Author: Nikolai Weibull
Assignee: Nobuyoshi Nakada
Category: M17N
Target version:
ruby -v: -

rb_stat() overrides the input strings encoding and applies one of various encodings through rb_str_encode_ospath().  This may be convenient for certain kinds of user input or input from a source file in a different encoding, but it isn???t good for other kinds of user input or input from other functions, such as Dir.entries.

If Ruby wants us to be explicit about encodings, then Ruby shouldn???t change it behind our backs.

I suspect that this is an issue that may appear in various other functions as well.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/