https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5486

Author: Nikolai Weibull
Assignee: Nobuyoshi Nakada
Category: M17N
Target version:
ruby -v: -

rb_stat() overrides the input strings encoding and applies one of various encodings through rb_str_encode_ospath().  This may be convenient for certain kinds of user input or input from a source file in a different encoding, but it isn°«t good for other kinds of user input or input from other functions, such as Dir.entries.

If Ruby wants us to be explicit about encodings, then Ruby shouldn°«t change it behind our backs.

I suspect that this is an issue that may appear in various other functions as well.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/