In message <200209031504.g83F4C630961 / sharui.nakada.kanuma.tochigi.jp>
nobu.nokada / softhome.net writes:

> > 	Shouldn't we do something like: if (!mem) raise_something()? (I
> > 	know that it is a slowdown, but we can catch few segfaults by
> > 	this...)
>
> If alloca() were failed, it doesn't always return NULL.

Yes, at least there are platforms clearly describing alloca()ing
memory over stack limit causes undefined behavior.

However,
  - successful alloca() doesn't return NULL, and
  - BSD derived imlplementations seems returning NULL on failure.

so checking return value of alloca() is still somewhat worthy.

# At least that doesn't affect program's semantics.

--
kjana / dm4lab.to                              September 4, 2002
Abstract should not be abstract.