--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 05:38:05AM +0900, Vit Ondruch wrote:
>=20
> Issue #6124 has been updated by Vit Ondruch.
>=20
>=20
> Yes, the availability of gems in stdlib loadpath is wrong, since everythi=
ng what is in loadpath is loaded prior gems. RubyGems loading mechanism is =
just fallback.
>=20
> Regarding the backward compatibly, it comes into play only when you use t=
he --disable-gems flag and the flag itself is not backward compatible, so I=
 see no point to talk about backward compatibility at all.
>=20
> BTW I am not sure what you are referring by real gems, since these are de=
finitely not real gems. Even the spec files are not real spec files, just s=
ome mockup. They don't contain the #require_paths (yes, it is not needed si=
nce the gems are already in the load path), I doubt you cannot refer them i=
n Gemfile and vendor them using "bundle package", etc.

Can you enumerate your criteria for differentiating "fake" gems from
"real" gems?

This may not be true in 1.9.3, but my trunk installation certainly has
gem specifications for stdlib gems:

[aaron@higgins ruby (probes)]$ gem list psych

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

psych (1.2.2)
[aaron@higgins ruby (probes)]$ gem spec psych | head -10
--- !ruby/object:Gem::Specification
name: psych
version: !ruby/object:Gem::Version
  version: 1.2.2
  prerelease:=20
  segments:
  - 1
  - 2
  - 2
platform: ruby
[aaron@higgins ruby (probes)]$

I'm also able to use `bundle package`:

[aaron@higgins omg]$ bundle package
Fetching source index for http://rubygems.org/
Using psych (1.2.2)=20
Using bundler (1.0.22)=20
Your bundle is complete! Use `bundle show [gemname]` to see where a bundled=
 gem is installed.
Updating .gem files in vendor/cache
  * psych-1.2.2.gem
[aaron@higgins omg]$ cat Gemfile
source 'http://rubygems.org'

gem 'psych', '=3D 1.2.2'
[aaron@higgins omg]$

Can you be more specific about the issues you're encountering?  Thanks!

--=20
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J