https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/1586

Author: Jeremy Kemper
Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0
ruby -v: ruby 1.8.8dev (2009-03-19 revision 23009) [i386-darwin9.6.2]

=begin
 The scenario:
 * I include Foo in Numeric to provide #bar
 * Some other library includes a module in Float to provide #bar
 * So I include Foo in Float to use my #bar
 * But including Foo in Float is ignored since it's already in the ancestor chain

 I think it should be added to the ancestor chain, even if it's already present, since I may want to override some other method earlier in the ancestor chain.

 # Including a module already included in a superclass is ignored
 >> module Foo; end
 => nil
 >> class Numeric; include Foo; end
 => Numeric
 >> Float.ancestors
 => [Float, Precision, Numeric, Foo, Comparable, Object, Kernel]
 >> class Float; include Foo; end
 => Float
 >> Float.ancestors
 => [Float, Precision, Numeric, Foo, Comparable, Object, Kernel]

 # Reversing the order of inclusion works as expected
 >> module Foo; end
 => nil
 >> class Float; include Foo; end
 => Float
 >> Float.ancestors
 => [Float, Foo, Precision, Numeric, Comparable, Object, Kernel]
 >> class Numeric; include Foo; end
 => Numeric
 >> Float.ancestors
 => [Float, Foo, Precision, Numeric, Foo, Comparable, Object, Kernel]

 # And so does including a dupe of the existing module in the subclass
 >> module Foo; end
 => nil
 >> class Numeric; include Foo; end
 => Numeric
 >> Float.ancestors
 => [Float, Precision, Numeric, Foo, Comparable, Object, Kernel]
 >> class Float; include Foo.dup; end
 => Float
 >> Float.ancestors
 => [Float, #<Module:0x19bcd40>, Precision, Numeric, Foo, Comparable, Object, Kernel]
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/