Hello,

2012/2/24 Thomas Sawyer <transfire / gmail.com>:
> Btw, is there a reason why `alias` is a keyword and not a method?

Just historical reason, I guess.  A keyword-style `alias` was
first introduced, and then alias_method was later introduced
as a reflection API for the feature.

I understand the feeling.  No keyword was needed for such a
feature.  If matz designed it now, he would implement it as
a method, I believe.

> Btw, I really dislike using the non-symbol form of alias as it sticks out under syntax highlighters like a sore thumb.

In this regard, you should blame your syntax highlighter?

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>