Issue #4890 has been updated by Innokenty Mikhailov.

Yusuke Endoh wrote:

> Yutaka, could you make a patch in C?  Or anyone?

Hi,

I've come up with patch in C - just two lazy methods added so far: map and select.
Please, see this PR for more info https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/100

The idea is very simple - block that passed to lazy method (select or map) is converted to Proc and stored in enumerator itself.
When next element requested - all Proc objects are called for this value and the result returned. Proc#call result handling depends on proc_entry type.

Let me know if it makes any sense (if true - I can come up with additional lazy methods).

Thanks.

Feature #4890: Enumerable#lazy
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/4890