Issue #6070 has been updated by Shugo Maeda.

File for_loop_scope_fix_2.diff added

Hi,

Shugo Maeda wrote:
> There is at least one problem in this patch.  The problem is that it cannot handle
> the following code in mkmf.rb.

I've fixed my patch to fix the problem.
By the attached patch, the scope of variables in expr_value is not limited in
the for expression.

I think it's reasonable because

  for i in <expr_value>
  end

is equivalent to

  <expr_value>.each do |i|
  end

, where <expr_value> is outside the block.
Feature #6070: The scope of for loop variables
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6070