Status changed from Open to Assigned
Assignee set to Shota Fukumori

Bug #5782: File.binwrite doc and hash argument
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5782

Author: Marc-Andre Lafortune
Assignee: Shota Fukumori
Category: core
Target version:
ruby -v: r34081

The doc for `File.binwrite` doesn't mention the possibility of a fourth argument (option hash), unlike `File.write`. Judging from the code, this looks like an oversight.

Can we get confirmation that it does accept a fourth parameter and that the doc should be updated?

I would personally simplify the rdoc to state that it `File.binwrite` does exactly the same as `File.write` except that it opens the file in binary mode.

Noticed by Konstantin Haase.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre