Issue #4890 has been updated by Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas.

Oh, I see. I didn't know about Enumerators. If I understood what they are correctly, then I agree with you that they should be lazy implicitly.
Feature #4890: Enumerable#lazy
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/4890

Author: Yutaka HARA
Assignee: Yutaka HARA
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0

=begin
= Example
Print first 100 primes which are in form of n^2+1

   require 'prime'
   INFINITY = 1.0 / 0
   p (1..INFINITY).lazy.map{|n| n**2+1}.select{|m| m.prime?}.take(100)

(Example taken from enumerable_lz; thanks @antimon2)

= Description

Enumerable#lazy returns an instance of Enumerable::Lazy.
This is the only method added to the existing bulit-in classes.

Lazy is a subclass of Enumerator, which includes Enumerable.
So you can call any methods of Enumerable on Lazy, except methods like
map, select, etc. are redefined as 'lazy' versions.

= Sample implementation

((<URL:https://gist.github.com/1028609>))
(also attached to this ticket)

=end