Hello,

2012/2/7 Trans <transfire / gmail.com>:
> Why are you rejecting them based solely on the fact that they haven't
> had any discussion in a while? That doesn't mean much of anything. I
> certainly doesn't mean they aren't necessary good ideas. It only means
> for sure that no one has had the time to work on and implement. And
> even if they are implemented, they can often just sit there b/c no one
> in core team has taken time to evaluate.

Jon explained my intention well.

> Instead of rejecting these, how about bumping them to higher versions.

I believe it will make no one happy.  Leaving the tickets open will
give OP a (false) comfort, "my proposal might be accepted in future."
But in fact, the possibility is extremely low unless OP or anyone makes
a move.

Even so, do you really want to leave them open?  If many people agree
with Trans, I'll create a new tracker, e.g., "difficult feature tracker",
and move such tickets to it.  But again, I truly believe that it will
make no one happy.

I'm sorry for those who have suggested many interesting proposals, such
as you and Roger.  I wish matz will have time (and motivation) to answer
all of them.  But in practice, it's beyond hope.

If you are interested in any rejected proposal, and willing to persuade
matz, please raise your voice, as you did in [ruby-core:42398].
I'll be happy to reopen it.

Thank you for your long-continued contribution.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>