On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 04:06:10 +0900, Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:

> Well?  Is this a go or not?
>
> This is affecting a lot of people...

Eric (and others affected),

I am looking at this, and I think at this point the best thing will be
to fix the directory collector to not trash $LOAD_PATH. However, Nobu
(or anyone else), if you have any other ideas, I would love to hear
them.

Sorry for the wait and the lack of feedback from me... unfortunately,
I was out of town when the changes went in that caused the trouble,
and now they're firmly ensconced in 1.8.2. I'm sure it wasn't
intentional, but it is unfortunate that a breaking change like this
were committed to the 1.8 branch. If 1.8.3 could be pushed out
immediately, I would say we should roll the change back, but I'm
guessing that would not be practical.

Again, I am looking at it and hope to have a fix by next weekend at the latest.

Thanks for your patience,

--
Nathaniel

<:((><