https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5831

Author: Brian Cardarella
Assignee:
Category: lib
Target version: 1.9.2
ruby -v: 1.9.2-p290

I have example failing test cases here:

https://gist.github.com/1547904

Here is my use case. I am looking to extract URIs from emails. It has been recommended to use Nokogiri and that is just fine if the email is in HTML. But if the email is in plain-text Nokogiri doesn't work. IMO this is a bug with URI.extract's regexp.

I have tested this against 1.8.7, 1.9.2, and 1.9.3 and it exists in all three.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/