--------------enigB6AEEE683B2B955BE9C8037D

(2012/01/14 12:30), KOSAKI Motohiro wrote:
>> To remove original DL completely, we have to bundle libffi itself
>> wholly.
>=20
> Why?

I have no idea about the original point and your question.

> Example, openssl is really important and rubygems and some modules
> strongly depend on it.

There are some features in several libraries that depends on ext/openssl
(ossl), but there's no library that depends on ossl for providing main
features of the library.  I don't think we can call this situation
'strongly depend on.'

digest ... not required but use ossl when it's available for security
securerandom ... ditto

drb/ssl ... requires ossl when you use ssl server
webrick/ssl ... ditto

net/http ... requires ossl when you connect to https
net/imap,pop,smtp ... requires ossl when you connect to a server via TLS

rubygems ... requires ossl when you connect source repo via https
             (sign feature uses ossl but the feature is not used)

Sorry for not providing thoughts to original topic this time.  I'm not
yet fully understand the point just from my laziness.

Best regards,
// NaHi