Hi,

In message "Re: The face of Unicode support in the future"
    on Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:05:27 +0900, Mathieu Bouchard <matju / sympatico.ca> writes:

|> I think a fixnum is not enough since a character may not be
|> represented by a single codepoint, e.g. character composition, or
|> surrogation. Besides that, a character is represented by combination
|> of codepoint(s) and
|
|questions:
|
|1. are those features of unicode ?

Unicode features contain code composition, not only to make accented
letters, but also to make up ideogram characters from particles.  I've
also heard that Korean Hangul can be made up in similar manner.

|2. are those required for a support of Japanese that make sense ?

No.  But I want to keep possibility to support all the features in the
Unicode standard, as well as other character encoding schemes.

							matz.