https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5617

Author: Vit Ondruch
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

Hello,

I would like to propose my patch, which allows to optionally install RubyGems library into dedicated directory, out of the default Ruby directory structure. This should enable to easily share one RubyGems library by more Ruby implementations and avoids code duplication. I did this patch since Fedora prohibits duplication of system libraries [1], which would be the case if MRI and JRuby are installed in parallel.

Thank you for considering this patch.

Vit

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Duplication_of_system_libraries

--